Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Last Sleepless Sleepover of the Summer.

The other night I went to a good friend's Sweet 16 (after all, she did me the great honor of going to mine) and after a limo ride around town and consuming ridiculous amounts of sugary-type-things, we went back to the hotel and spent hours doing anything but sleeping. Inevitably, most of us crashed onto the very soft Holiday Inn pillows around 6:45.

Of course, most of us said prayers before we went to sleep. Even those who usually don't did because we watched The Omen...ugh...probably our worst decision of the night. And no one wants to have nightmares of Damien and his demonic nanny and psycho monkey friends.

No one.

After the movie we had some enlightening conversations about demons and angels, Frank Peretti books, and why Ouija boards are just plain Bad. There was also a small
(but friendly) debate about whether or not the old abandoned hotel in Mineral Wells is "haunted" or not.

Anyway, I got home around 8:30, thought I would nap peacefully until 11 or maybe even noon-ish, but...

To Be Continued

4 Comments:

At August 07, 2006, Blogger tag said...

I made a post on Hyper Moments! Now that it's been abandoned so long no one looks at it of course...

 
At August 08, 2006, Blogger gabbie said...

hhomeboy- I'm sorry I hurt you. That was not my intention. I only meant to provide constructive criticism. In order to not "pour lemon juice on the paper-cut", if you know what I mean, I won't even say a word about "assualt" and "intellegence".

:)

tagoty- WOOT! Finally! I've been hyper (as always), but no one has caught me in the act...not on AIM, at least. Thanks for coming up with a reviving post!

 
At August 08, 2006, Blogger gabbie said...

Now it would be lovely if someone would put up a comment that was actually about my post!

*Hint~Hint*

 
At August 09, 2006, Blogger gabbie said...

No...no crimes were committed, no rules were broken.

Not by me, anyway. I tried to be something of a peacemaker when things got a little bumpy, though.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home