Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Case of the Missing Peanut Butter Cups

The other day, while rummaging through our fridge for an afternoon snack [one of the many], I stumbled upon three Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Score! No one had mentioned said peanut butter cups, so I was quite thrilled to find them in my time of hunger/boredom. I would have happily consumed all three right then and there, but I held myself back and thought, "Now, would anybody be terribly upset if these were all to disappear? If I wasn't told that there were peanut butter cups in the house, then they probably weren't bought for me. Well, then, who were they bought for?"

I knew they weren't for my brother - he's allergic to peanuts. Hence, he is allergic to peanut butter. They couldn't have been for my sister, because we just wouldn't give her three peanut butter cups and let her run loose around the house. No way, Jose. So, were they bought for my mom and stepdad? Hm...maybe....but wait! They're trying to eat healthy! [Like more parents are doing nowadays.] So after giving my situation about 15 seconds of careful thought, I took two of the peanut butter cups and a glass of milk up to my room, and I'm sure you can infer what happened from there.

But what of the third peanut butter cup, you ask? Well, I suppose I can tell you all. I hid the third behind the milk jug and in between two cantelopes. But, SHHHHHH! Don't say a word. If you tell on me, I'm almost positive that two Chocolate Deprived Adults will come after me in the middle of the night. Actually, to be perfectly honest, it wouldn't really matter if you told anyone. You see, the Evidence is already...um...well, gone.

-Cue evil laugh-

1 Comments:

At July 17, 2006, Blogger gabbie said...

Hey, I'm still kind of new to all this...give me time.

Huh? What kitchen? I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home