Wednesday, August 23, 2006

whataday.

School was relatively ordinary, my Physics teacher still believes in UFOs, and around 2:30 we (the small band of concurrent high-school students) walked over to the Vernon Community College to register for our classes.

*sigh* If only it was that simple. It took us a whopping 6 hours to finally get all the extra paperwork, scheduling, rescheduling and line-waiting (in heels!) done. Up until this afternoon, I thought I would be taking College Alg. and PE this semester at the college, but I learned that my College Alg. class was full. Ugh...

When we got our schedules done around 3:30/4-ish, I was scheduled for Microcomputer Applications (I needed a credit for Tech) and Physical Education. Hours later, I found out that the Micro Apps. class was closed. Along with all my alternative choices.

"Maybe I can take something like Drama", I thought. So I went to ask about it.
And this is what I get:
"Sorry, that class is closed".

Physics?
"Closed".

Psychology?
"Closed".

Reading?
"Closed".

*yet another sigh* "Are there any classes that are still open?", I thought hopelessly.

Sociology?
"Yes, that's open from 8:00 am to 10:00 am".

All together now:
1,
2,
3,

yaaaaaaaaaay.
That was exhausting beyond explanation. It was cuh-razy in there. So, after only having eaten 3/4 of a salad; a bag of Gardetto's; and two Twix bars earlier in the day, I got home and inhaled two burritos and a "super taco", and put on the ever-comfy pajamas. I now intend to curl up on my papasan chair with daddy's letterman jacket on and read The Devil Wears Prada (my current "in-between" book). I'm so tired I might even fall asleep on my chair, which is perfectly fine with me (as long as its a peaceful, restoring sleep).
Fact of the Day:
While at Hastings, the local bookstore, I actually found a book written by a guy named Gary Indiana.
Cool, huh?

2 Comments:

At August 24, 2006, Blogger Gracie said...

that's a bummer..but hey...maybe sociology won't be too..bad..? :) hang in there, girl.

 
At August 24, 2006, Blogger tag said...

Ah yes, the wonders of getting into college...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home