I know I shouldn't be standing by this window, but the lightning is so hypnotic. I press my ear against the glass, hold my breath, and listen. The wind starts to voice itself in a whisper, then it hisses aggressively. Then a frightening roar, completely out of the grey. Outside, the fences shake, trees bend, dogs are compassionately brought inside by their owners, and the force of the wind hitting my window makes me jump back and breathe again. My windows gradually become spotted until they're drenched with remnants of the last Texas summer storm. Outside it is a wet, grey blur. And thunder splits the sky. Lightning flashes like a well-trained paparazzi team that has just been let loose in the world's biggest camera store. Oh, the lights just went out! Yay! Nevermind, they're back on again. I love this weather! These Eeyore clouds don't make me feel gloomy at all. I love it. : )
But, I want to know...
Have you ever seen the rain?

5 Comments:
peddling poetic passages on precipitation...
not bad, although I for one am not so fond of the rain. it's too... wet.
haha thanks.
although, i wouldn't call this poetic...
at least, i didn't think it was poetic. it was just what came to my mind while i was looking out my window.
-gasp- you don't like rain? tsk, tsk, tsk.
:)
How can you be the rain?
You got some `splainin' to do!
I believe I owe someone a comment.
I love the rain btw, sitting inside listening to the thundering and lightning of a storm, while the rain drops constantely hit the ground as though the whole world around you is drowning and your sitting safely inside a warm sheltered home, makes you feel as though the Lord's presense is there with you, and you can feel it, and its warming and comforting, its one of the best feelings ever.
aww thanks joe.
:)
i agree with you; thunderstorms are awesome!
Post a Comment
<< Home