Friday, October 27, 2006

so i was planning on just posting my favorite parts of this song, but then i figured that i might as well put the whole thing down. the end result would have been the same.
:)




"Where The Streets Have No Name"


I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name


I want to feel sunlight on my face
I see the dust cloud disappear
Without a trace
I want to take shelter from the poison rain
Where the streets have no name

Where the streets have no name
Where the streets have no name
We're still building
Then burning down love
Burning down love
And when I go there
I go there with you
It's all I can do

The city's aflood
And our love turns to rust
We're beaten and blown by the wind
Trampled in dust
I'll show you a place
High on a desert plain
Where the streets have no name

Where the streets have no name
Where the streets have no name
We're still building
Then burning down love
Burning down love
And when I go there
I go there with you
It's all I can do

Our love turns to rust
We're beaten and blown by the wind
Blown by the wind
Oh, and I see love
See our love turn to rust
We're beaten and blown by the wind
Blown by the wind
Oh, when I go there
I go there with you
It's all I can do

-U2




(yes, this *does* mean that i have, in fact, changed my myspace song. The Eagles wouldn't play for me.)

10 Comments:

At October 29, 2006, Blogger tag said...

Yes indeed it can.

 
At October 30, 2006, Blogger DonKhan said...

so....then why is your myspace playing Snow Patrol?

 
At October 30, 2006, Blogger gabbie said...

haha.

U2 was on my myspace, dear.

for about 5 days or so...(rough estimate)

and that song by Snow Patrol was just put up last night.
it was in my head. putting it on my myspace was kind of like an outlet.
:)

 
At October 31, 2006, Blogger DonKhan said...

not five days, certainly not. cause it wasn't on there on last Thursday, and you took it off on sunday. sooooo......Friday to Sunday equals three days.

:)

 
At October 31, 2006, Blogger gabbie said...

okay, okay, so it was three days.

you keep better track of that stuff than i do.
my goodness.
:)

 
At November 02, 2006, Blogger DonKhan said...

yeah, okay.

when we saw Emerson Drive back in July, they player "where the streets have no name", and actually did it very well, considering that they're country singers :)

 
At November 02, 2006, Blogger DonKhan said...

bagh! i mean "played" :)

 
At November 02, 2006, Blogger gabbie said...

haha.
i knew what you meant.
i think i might have to check out Emerson Drive sometime.
if they're on your list, they must be good.
:)

 
At November 03, 2006, Blogger DonKhan said...

you wouldn't need to, Kris. we're too busy "burning down love"

but when I go there, I'll go there with you :)

*second comment not directed at Kris* :)

 
At November 03, 2006, Blogger gabbie said...

yes, after all, "it's all we can do".


haha.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home