Weekend at Boot Camp
Well, this weekend I went down to Azle, TX and had sooo much fun at Boot Camp! I missed dinner Friday night, but got there in time to hear Brother Zack. I must say, I just love listening to him preach. He has a way of making me want to listen to every word, and I never got bored during the classes.
Have you ever felt so good that you couldn't help but smile? As I laid down to go to sleep Friday night, I started smiling without noticing it because I was so excited to be there. It was a lot of fun getting to hang out with old friends and make some new ones. Speaking of fun...
Volleyball was one of the highlights of the weekend for me. If you've seen me play, you know it wasn't fun because I'm a volleyball star, but it was fun because I played with my friends [some who are at my level, I might add...hehe]. And while I'm talking about volleyball, let me recommend only playing volleyball when its bright enough outside that you can actually see when the ball is coming to you...yes, we had us some laughs that night. And I can't forget to mention the amazing things I learned during Boot Camp. Besides how to serve overhand, I mean.
Obeying our parents. It seems so easy. I don't have any trouble doing what my parents tell me to do for the most part, but its the things like "Time to go to bed" or "Be patient with your siblings" that I struggle with. I'm a total night-owl. At Boot Camp, I woke up at 6:00 in the morning...I don't even get up that early for school. But being a night-owl is no excuse for not doing what my parents say. The way the subject was approached was so inspiring. I loved hearing what I should be doing from a positive point of view. Instead of hearing "You've been doing things all wrong, and you should feel ashamed for the way you've been", everything was motivating and I couldn't wait to get back home and do everything my parents said and then some.
If this seems a bit thrown together, that's because it is. I'm trying to multitask, and its becoming challenging, so I'll stop here.
Love you all!

4 Comments:
Well your just such a bad girl. I mean waking up at 6!!! thats so bad, good thing you didnt get caught. ;)
verrry funny.
i never get up that early.
it was a big deal to me...
lol.
Volleyball, yeah!
I am touched that you woke up only so early, to say bye to me. Thats real friendship right there, and believe me i won't forget it. ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home