Saturday, January 28, 2006

Feeling guilty. :O(

Lately I've been feeling like a bad daughter. I mean, I don't feel like I'm spending as much time with God as I want to. My Bible sits in my room, and while I find much comfort in it, I need to remember to read it when I'm happy, too. I don't like taking things for granted, especially not my Father. So, I'm making myself some goals. Priorities. Whatever you want to call them. Here they are:

1) I want to read my Bible every day from now on. And not just skim through it and say, "That's it for today!". I want to read some verses, or a chapter, and think about how I can apply it to my life. 2) I also want to pray more often. Not just when something is stressing me out. When I used to pray all the time, life felt so peaceful, because I knew that God was in control, not me. I want to go back to that.

Encouragement is, well...encouraged.
:O)
God Bless all of you!
Love,
Gabbie

2 Comments:

At January 30, 2006, Blogger joe4444 said...

Yea, that feeling of guilt is actually a blessing though, because we should all feel guilty about our sinful lives. Good to hear you want to read your bible more though, what part of it are you reading, or are you in a designated chapter or book or whatever?

 
At January 31, 2006, Blogger van Danne said...

hey Gabbie! i'm doing great... good to re-establish contact after many years of absence. :-)

I know exactly what you mean about this. It's amazing what a difference even a very short time of daily reading and prayer can make in your life. I've been trying to do better myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home